Fort Mill and Indian Land
Just across the border in South Carolina, Fort Mill and Indian Land are both known for excellent small town amenities and quick access to Charlotte.
Looking for small towns, great schools, and great car access? Find out if Fort Mill or Indian Land work for your family.
Many families, active adults, and even retirees find incredible value in living south of Charlotte. While Indian Land and Fort Mill are in South Carolina, as you travel in and around the Charlotte metro area, you will discover that South Carolina and North Carolina are intricately intertwined.
Fort Mill, Indian Land, and surrounding communities are integral parts of Charlotte metro but have unique tax, education, and gas price benefits of being in South Carolina. Each community has areas that feel like small towns and areas with an urban living feel. You choose!
With four exits on I-77, Fort Mill has fast access to UpTown, to Pineville and to Charlotte-Douglas International Airport. Indian Land surrounds Highway 521, which gives it direct access to the Ballantyne neighborhood of Charlotte as well as good access to towns in Union County and Matthews.
Fort Mill and Indian Land both provide unique small town charm and big city amenities:
- Fort Mill is part of York County and has its own school system.
- Indian Land is part of Lancaster County and also has its own school system.
- Both towns have quick driving access to the rest of the Queen City.
- Fort Mill has a vibrant downtown with local restaurants and Loom Coworking, one of the only coworking locations south of Charlotte.
- Indian Land still has land and farm options while having access to the Charlotte metro.
- Baxter Village in Fort Mill is a family-friendly urban village with walkable access to the Fort Mill Library, an assortment of restaurants, tutoring, dance centers, and other small businesses.
Does Fort Mill or Indian Land meet your housing needs? Fill out this form to find out!
Some Useful Information about Fort Mill and Indian Land:
- Indian Land Elementary, Middle and High Schools are part of the Lancaster School District.
- Fort Mill School District
- Video Tours of Fort Mill
- Carrowinds Resort serves Charlotte Metro and is located on the border between Fort Mill and Charlotte.
- Narroway Entertainment, located just down the road from Carrowinds, is well-known for its Christian dinner theater.
For information on houses listed in the Fort Mill or Indian Land areas, please contact us.
- List View
- Map View
- Grid View
See all Real estate matching your search.
(all data current as of 12/14/2019)
Listing information deemed reliable but not guaranteed. Read full disclaimer.