The north metro communities of Huntersville, Mooresville, Davidson and Cornelius all border Lake Norman, a large reservoir that brings power, fishing, and water management to the Charlotte metropolitan area.
Looking for access to north Charlotte or lakefront living? Find out if these communities are right for you.
Lake Norman, one of Charlotte’s two reservoirs, borders Mecklenburg, Iredell, Catawba, and Lincoln counties in North Carolina. While Huntersville, Mooresville, and Davidson are the largest communities surrounding Lake Norman, there are many communities and lakefront subdivisions that provide quality living with great access to Uptown Charlotte via I-77 and highway 16. Because of the plethora of county governments, there are many school options to choose from in moving to the Lake Norman area. Huntersville and Davidson are part of the Charlotte-Mecklenburg school district; Mooresville is part of the Iredell school district. Choosing a local community will therefore have many options depending on work location, desired schools, access to the lake, property values and more.
The Lake Norman area provides many amenities including:
- A coworking place is slated to open in Cornelius outside Huntersville, soon.
- Lake Norman Charter School in Huntersville provides an alternative choice to Mecklenburg public schools.
- Dale Earnhardt, Jr. was from Mooresville, and there is a museum commemorating his life in Mooresville.
- Lake Norman area also provides long commute options to the other cities in North Carolina: Winston-Salem and Greensboro (1 Hr) and Raleigh-Durham (2 Hrs).
- The Charlotte Motor Speedway in nearby Concord, NC is accessible from Huntersville, Davidson and Mooresville.
Some Useful Information about Lake Norman area:
- Lake Norman Travel Site.
- Town of Huntersville Site
- Davidson City Site
- Cornelius City Site
- 10 Things to Do in Mooresville from Trip Advisor
For information on houses listed in the Lake Norman area, please contact us.
Sorry, but we couldn't find any results in the MLS that match the specified search criteria.