Waxhaw and Weddington
Providence Road leaves Uptown Charlotte and goes through the towns and communities of Weddington and Marvin before ending at a T in Waxhaw.
Great schools, small downtowns, great location, what are the reasons you might find your new home in Waxhaw, Marvin, or Weddington?
All part of the award-winning Union County school district, Waxhaw, Weddington and the surrounding area are great communities to live in, to work in, and to commute from.
Both communities have vibrant shopping communities and residential areas interspersed over the spreading highways that connect Union County with Uptown Charlotte. Providence Road is the biggest highway, but Rea Road, Monroe-Weddington Road, and Ardrey Kell Road are all vital travel corridors that connect Waxhaw, Weddington and other towns with the greater Charlotte area.
Waxhaw and Weddington provide unique resources for many different types of people:
- Jaars Missionary base provides several unique museums and opportunities to volunteer south of Waxhaw.
- Easy access to Ballantyne and Uptown via Rea Road and Providence.
- Downtown Waxhaw is a great location for walking dates, as well as a place to take family to play at the David G. Barnes park and skatepark.
- Plenty of new construction is going up in the Providence Road corridor so that families and active adults have housing options.
- The museum of the Waxhaws between Waxhaw and Monroe has great information on the local Indian tribes, President Andrew Jackson, who was born near Waxhaw, and the gold trade.
- The Town of Weddington has at least 10 buildings of historical and architectural notice, according to a town meeting in 2013.
- Hunter Farm in Weddington has u-pick options for strawberries and other produce as well as seasonal activities year round. A great place for affordable local food options, dates, and family outings!
Do Waxhaw, Weddington, Marvin or Wesley Chapel meet your housing needs? Fill out this form to find out!
Some useful sites about southwest Union County:
For information on houses listed in these areas, please contact us.
- List View
- Map View
- Grid View
See all Real estate matching your search.
(all data current as of 9/16/2019)
Listing information deemed reliable but not guaranteed. Read full disclaimer.